This course will teach participants how to install, configure and maintain the popular Asterisk IP PBX. Asterisk is software that turns an ordinary computer into a PBX, VoIP Gateway, and conference server all rolled into one. At the end of the course, participants are expected to have an in-depth knowledge of Asterisk and its possible, applications in the world of digital telephony. In order for the course to be beneficial, the trainees must have installed and played with Linux in the past and must be comfortable with the Linux CLI and basic text editing tools. This course also designed on VoIP, VSP, IGW, ICX, IIG ISP, IPTSP, Mobile & Telecom Company based VoIP infrastructure to prepare you for a successful VoIP professional.
- Advance knowledge of VoIP
- Analogue and digital circuits, PBXs, trunk and tie lines
- Different types of voice Codec
- Signaling protocols H323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP and protocols, RTP and RTCP
- Dial peers and plans, voice gateways
- IPTSP provider circuits
- Messaging and call processing
- Understanding of Infrastructure and equipment required for voice and data at layer 2
- Install and configure Asterisk IP PBX System
- Billing System, Configuring dial plans.